Hiking & Mountaineering in Saalbach Hinterglemm
Your hiking paradise in the Pinzgauer Grasberge
4 cable cars take you into the heart of a breathtaking mountain landscape. Enjoy the gorgeous view from the Reiterkogel, Zwölferkogel, Schattberg and Kohlmais mountains. Experience the unspoiled countryside at the end of the valley and on Lake Hochtorsee. Conquer the highest grass mountain in central Europe (Gaisstein, 2,363 m) or experience any individual peak on the Pinzgauer walk.
This awaits you on your hiking holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm:
- 400 km of signposted hiking trails at all altitudes
- Saalbach Hinterglemm Joker Card
- 40 mountain huts pampering you with homemade products
- Alpine festivals from June to October
- 5 guided hikes (Hochtorsee, Pinzgauer walk, sunrise hike including breakfast on the mountain, family hike on Reiterkogel, Gaisstein, hiking nature trail at the end of the valley, weather cross, Spielberghaus, Schusterkogel, Henlabjoch, etc..)
- 1 mountain hut hike including mushroom hunting on our private pasture
- New: 7 Summits tour for experienced hikers: 2,000 m in altitude and 24 km long mountain hike over the highest peaks of the Glemm Valley.
- New: Geocaching in the Valley of Games (http://www.saalbach.at/de/sommer/das-tal-der-spiele/geocaching.html)
- Herbal trail on the Reiterkogel Mountain in Saalbach Hinterglemm
- Free hiking tour map of Saalbach Hinterglemm
- Uniqueness of the Pinzgau grass mountains
- Slide show about the local mountain