Hiking & mountaineering in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
Your hiking paradise in the Pinzgauer Grasberge
4 cable cars take you to the heart of a breathtaking mountain landscape. Enjoy the fantastic view from the Reiterkogel, Zwölferkogel, Schattberg or Kohlmais. Experience the untouched landscape at the end of the valley and at Lake Hochtorsee. Conquer the highest grass mountain in Central Europe (Gaisstein 2,363m) or experience every single peak on the Pinzgauer Walk.
This is what awaits you on your hiking holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm:
- 400km of signposted hiking trails at all altitudes
- Saalbach Hinterglemm Joker Card
- 40 managed huts spoil you with homemade products
- Alpine festivals from June to October
- 5 guided hikes (Hochtorsee, Pinzgauer walk, sunrise hike incl. breakfast on the mountain, family hike on the Reiterkogel, Gaisstein, hiking trail at the end of the valley, Wetterkreuz Spielberghaus, Schusterkogel, Henlabjoch, and much more.)
- 1 alpine hike incl. Mushroom hunting on our private Alm
- New: 7 Summits Tour for the physically fit: 2,000 meters in altitude and 24 km long mountain tour over the highest peaks in the Glemm Valley.
- New: Geocaching in the Valley of Games ( http://www.saalbach.at/de/sommer/das-tal-der-spiele/geocaching.html )
- Herb trail on the Reiterkogel in Saalbach Hinterglemm
- Free hiking tour map for Saalbach Hinterglemm
- Uniqueness of the Pinzgauer Grasberge
- Slide show about the local mountains